Monday, January 11, 2010

The Story of an Indecisive Painter

Hi, my name is Wendy and I'm indecisive. Like really indecisive. There, I said it. But when it comes to painting I make normal indecisive me look good. So far my paint sample total has topped off at 18. This does not count the swatches I've brought home from our local Home hardware stores. Want proof of the paint sample madness?




Yeah, it has gotten a little out of control. By far, the most difficult space to pick a color for was the family room/dining room/sun room/hallway. It is all one open space, and the first color you see coming in the house, so picking the perfect color was of the utmost importance. Here is a picture I took a few months ago when I couldn't decide on a color.


When all the samples I brought home were either too light, too dark, too yellow, too brown or too gray, I turned to the handy paint lady at my local H
ome Depot. And guess what y'all? She whipped up the perfect hue for me. Here is how she worked her magic: I showed her the color I liked most but thought was a tad too dark and she adjusted the tint till it was just right. Easy peasy painty squeezy! When I brought home my newest sample and slapped in on the wall, 'cuz I couldn't quite commit to the whole gallon yet, it was love at first sight.


Here is the final color... swoon! I love telling our guests that the color was custom made just for me.


xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment