Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year, A New Start.

Happy New Year!! Allan and I had an amazing holiday season. We had four Christmas dinners... One with Allan's parents, one with Allan's extended family, a Christmas brunch with my maternal grandmother and another dinner with my other grandmother. We also hosted a Christmas Eve Party at my dad's house with family and friends. It is a tradition started long by my parents, I think it has been going 25 years strong! We had so much fun!! And the food was a hit, we hardly had any leftovers. For New Years Eve we were total bums. We went to a nice dinner and then had a nice and quiet evening, just the two of us.

On another note, I must admit... W&A's House has become pretty pitiful. We haven't posted since Thanksgiving. The shame!!!! But I guess it doesn't hurt that much to admit, since we had lost all two of our readers and all..... But we have big plans for 2010.... We are actually going to keep up with the blog. But this brings me to the point of my rambling. Instead of making resolutions that we knew we couldn't keep, Allan and I decided to make a list of things we wanted to do or accomplish in the next 365 days. Kinda like a bucket list for the year. And to put the pressure on, we decided to share this list with y'all (aka nobody) to keep us motivated. We also plan to blog about each item we scratch off the list. So, without further ado, in no specific order, I present to you our list of 25 things to do in 2010.

1. Take a vacation to the Smoky mountains

2. Go to a wine tasting at the Lakeridge Winery

3. Ride the new roller coaster at Universal Studios

4. Take Riley for at least one walk a week

5. Go for a bike ride on the West Orange Trail

6. See the Gators play an away game

7. Clean all dirty dishes within 24 hours

8. Clean out our 3rd bedroom/office

9. Devote a day to volunteer

10. Host a party

11. Don't go out to eat as much

12. Keep up with the BLOG!

13. Get in the car and just drive without knowing where we are going and have an adventure

14. Spend a day at yard sales and thrifting

15. Have Mimi (my grandmother) and Nono (my other grandmother) over for dinner

16. Go on a picnic

17. Be healthier and try to lose some weight

18. Go fishing

19. Try a new recipe each month

20. Do at least one load of laundry a week

21. Plant in the front yard

22. Drink more water

23. Put money into savings each month

24. Do something completely spontaneous

25. Be good, happy people


So, there you go. The 25 things we want to accomplish in 2010!


xoxo,

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment