Monday, November 9, 2009

Welcome In

OK everyone, well as I am writing this first blog post it is currently 2:26 am, on a Sunday night in November. Occasionally I have a really hard time falling asleep, due to who knows what (couldn't possibly be the two Diet Dr. Pepper's, DDPs for those of you in the know, that I drank earlier today...) and so to pass the time I decided that it would be a great idea to keep a sort-of journal of our entire journey into homeownership and all of the ups, downs and 50-year old wiring, near death experiences that come with it. Stay tuned for that story, ha!

I guess most of the reason why I'm having such trouble falling asleep tonight is that we have been working all weekend around the house and trying to fix this place up before we have our first ever Housewarming Party. It's actually going to be a Housewarming/Gator Football party, and according to my sources (mostly wikipedia) this makes the party approximately 75% more manly and by no means would I expect anyone to make fun of me for being excited and unable to sleep over a namby-pamby housewarming party. There will also be beer.

We're actually hoping to have two housewarming parties. This first one is going to be a family only shin-dig and later on we'll have a big "friends party" assuming we find some friends between now and then... For this weekend, my mom, dad and brother are making the trip down from Jacksonville and they will be bringing my Grandma and Grampie along with them. My parents have already spent some time at the house when they came and helped us move in but after a couple dozen trips to Home Depot and Lowe's, thins have changed quite a bit around here. I'm excited for my grand parents to see the place too! Even though Wendy's family all live here in town they are sure to be surprised by some of the changes we've made just recently. This will be the first time that Wendy's Grandma (Nono) will get to see our house and I am fully expecting a nice long "It's SOOOO Nice!" within 2 minutes of stepping in the front door. Just picture that in a thick old Italian lady voice and you'll appreciate so much more. Her other Grandma, Mimi, hasn't seen the place since moving day and so she will be pleasantly surprised that we aren't sitting in lawn chairs in the living room and using moving boxes as makeshift dining room tables. All in all, it should be a good time. I did mention that there will be beer, so a good time is pretty much a given.

Anyways, I just wanted to give a good kickoff to the blog and let you know some of the things we will hopefully be discussing in the posts to come. House hunting, short sale drama, mortgage spreadsheets, tadpole pond turned to swimming pool magic tricks, paint sample infatuations and PLENTY of other home renovation goodness. Stay tuned, there's plenty more to come!!

Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment