Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Party Time

OK, posting at a reasonable hour this time! Woohoo! The housewarming party this past weekend was a great success! There were plenty of late nights leading up to it but in the end we got everything finished up that we wanted to finish up and the party turned out just as we had hoped.

Since we pretty much spent every waking second that we had cleaning up the house before people started showing up, we decided that it would probably be best if we just called in an order for some grub ahead of time. Earlier last week, Wendy and I went with her sister's family to the "Taste of Maitland" which was an event put on by the local chamber of commerce that a lot of local restaurants attended and dished out plate after plate of delicious food. I wasn't sure it was possible to be hungry and full in 3 different cycles in a matter of only 2 hours, but I can now fully assure you that it can happen. Afterwards, Wendy and I were really raving about the new BBQ joint that was there. Once we decided that we should order some food instead of taking the time to cook it, we knew just where to order from.

4Rivers Smokehouse!


Their brisket, pulled pork and barbecue sauce was awesome! Probably the best brisket I have ever eaten. For all of you in Orlando who are looking for some good 'cue check them out. They are located on Fairbanks in an old repair shop. Get ready to wait though, the line was out the door for the entire time I was there... We decided to order 6 pounds of brisket and a couple quarts of baked beans. Good choice! Wendy baked some cupcakes and brownies, and we had several other dishes that people brought. So the food was great! Why do I like talking about food so much? I thought this was a house blog???

Anyways, everyone really loved the house and all of the work that we have put into it. My dad was totally amazed that I was actually able to install a ceiling fan without even a little wobble in it and even more amazed at our painting abilities. I'll just give myself a big pat on the back, ha! I guess Wendy deserves a little credit too...

We also figured out that we can "double stack" our old sofa behind the new sectional for a poor man's stadium seating set-up for watching the game. We capped the night off with a Gator victory, so I gotta say it was a great day! Also, we were in bed at 8:45... on a Saturday. And it felt great.

Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment